What are the most common home insurance claims?
Have you ever wondered what the most common home insurance claims are? You came to the right place. Here are the 5 most common home insurance claims around the USA.
- Wind & Hail: This includes destruction caused by hurricanes, tornadoes, and wind associated with thunderstorms.
- Fire & Lightning Damage: Regardless fire and lightning damage come in second, they are the most expensive claims, with a whopping average price tag of $68,322. Fun fact; homeowners insurance was made to protect against fires, so coverage for fire claims is easy to find.
- Water Damage & Freezing: When pipes burst or appliances leak, large damage is the result. It is so common that more than one in five homeowners insurance claims relate to this type of water damage.
- Non-Theft Property Damage: This would be if a tree fell through the roof, a baseball shattering a window, a trash truck backing into your brand-new garage.
- Liability: As a refresher, liability refers to your duty toward other people. So when a guest is injured or has their property damaged while visiting your home, you may have liability for their costs or the costs to repair or replace their property.
If you ever find yourself in any of these situations make sure to give SERVPRO of Mid-City San Diego a call at (619) 280-2398 we are open 24 hours 7 days a week.