How to Prepare for a Rain Storm Before and After
There have been abundant amounts of rain in San Diego, CA. The storm keeps on coming. Property managers and owners have a lot of decisions to make during this time. Tenants are heavily relying on property managers to make decisions for them. It can be very stressful having to adapt to tenants' needs and desires.
Here are a couple things to be mindful of before water or fire damage:
- Making sure your tenant purchases renters insurance.
- Establishing the future needs of each tenant.
- Having a list of different services when casualties hit.
- When writing contracts make sure to add what you cover and do not cover during storms, or water and fire loss.
- Making sure you keep the tenants informed of the restoration process.
Here are a couple things to be mindful of after water or fire damage:
- Call SERVPRO of Mid-City San Diego immediately to establish cause of loss.
- Making sure you let all tenants know the occurrence at your facility.
- Find out whether tenants will need to be temporarily moved out.
- Making sure you have comfortable living or working spaces for things that have been lost such as: running heater, AC, or water.
If you are experiencing such losses please don’t hesitate to call your local SERVPRO or SERVPRO of Mid-City San Diego. We are best reached at (619) 280-2377.